2012 International Symposium on Pervasive Systems, Algorithms, and Networks (ISPAN)
2012 International Symposium on Pervasive Systems, Algorithms, and Networks
December 13 - 15, 2012
San Marcos, Texas
The International Symposium on Pervasive Systems, Algorithms, and Networks (I-SPAN) is an interesting and engaging forum for scientists, engineers, and practitioners from across the globe to exchange ideas and research results related to the design, use, analysis, and application of parallel architectures, algorithms, networks, and internet technology.
This is the twelfth conference for I-SPAN and it will be held in San Marcos, Texas, on 13 - 15 December 2012.
The first eleven symposiums were held at:
- I-SPAN '94: in Kanazawa, Japan, on December 14-16, 1994
- I-SPAN '96: in Beijing, China, on June 12-14, 1996
- I-SPAN '97: in Taipei, Taiwan, on December 18-20, 1997
- I-SPAN '99: in Perth/Freemantle, Australia, on June 23-25, 1999
- I-SPAN 2000: in Dallas/Richardson, Texas, USA, on December 7-9, 2000
- I-SPAN 2002: in Manila, the Philippines, on May 23-25, 2002
- I-SPAN 2004: in Hong Kong, China, on May 10-12, 2004
- I-SPAN 2005: in Las Vegas, USA, on December 7-9, 2005
- I-SPAN 2008: in Sydney, Australia, on May 7-9, 2008
- I-SPAN 2009: in Kaoshiung, Taiwan, on December 14-16, 2009
- I-SPAN 2011: in Dalian, China, on August 24-26, 2011
Scope of the Symposium
The International Symposium on Pervasive Systems, Algorithms, and Networks (ISPAN) is a forum for scientists, engineers, and practitioners throughout the world to exchange ideas and research results related to the design, use, analysis, and application of pervasive systems, algorithms, and networks.
Topics of the Symposium
- Pervasive Systems and Computing: architecture, programming models and languages, algorithms, context/location/situation awareness, peer-to-peer systems, and applications
- Cloud/Grid Computing: cloud/grid infrastructure, deployment models, middleware, resource allocation and pricing, virtualization, high-performance computing, and scientific applications and large-scale simulations
- Graphs and Networks: interconnection networks, Internet technology, wireless and sensor networks, network routing (wired and wireless), network latency routing, network security, and network connectivity
- Informatics and Intelligent Systems: database and data mining, bioinformatics, geoinformatics, information fusion, artificial intelligence, intelligent control, and intelligent networks
- Mobile Communication and Computing: bandwidth optimization, energy efficiency issues, security and privacy, mobile social networking, and mobile app development
- Cyber Physical Systems: networked control and switched control systems, distributed embedded systems, system analysis and modeling, and applications in automotive systems and avionics, small buildings and smart grids
- Multimedia Communication and Computing: multimedia signal processing, multimedia coding and transmission, and multimedia data compression
The city of San Marcos is 26 miles south of Austin, the capitol of Texas and the live music capital of the world. San Marcos also lies 47 miles north of San Antonio which is famous for Spanish missions, the Alamo, and the River Walk.
The Outlet Mall in San Marcos has more than 350 stores including Neiman Marcus Last Call Clearance Center, Coach, Gucci and more for you to shop till you drop. ABC’s “The View” has ranked it the third best place to shop in the world.
Weather in central Texas in December is generally mild with an average high/low temperature: 60/40 degrees F.