How do I become a science teacher?
Please explore this page to find information on types of science-related teaching degrees offered at Texas State, courses you will take, information on the field-based block and student teaching, and more. Also, see photos of Texas State students involved in science education.
View the College of Science & Engineering Teacher Preparation Checklist.
Teaching science can be a great place to start your career!
- Make a difference in students' lives
- Competitive starting salaries, including health benefits in many school districts
- Average starting salary is $42,247 in districts with more than 10,000 students
- Currently a high demand for science teachers
- Stable job with a steady income
- Summertimes to explore your passions and hobbies, as well as develop your teaching