About the College of Science and Engineering Academic Advising Center
The mission of the College of Science and Engineering Undergraduate Advising Center is to provide accurate, friendly, and consistent academic services to our majors and minors within the areas of biology, chemistry & biochemistry, computer science, engineering, engineering technology, mathematics, and physics.
We are professional academic advisors with one goal in mind: we want to help you become a successful Texas State student!
What do we do?
We work with all of the College of Science and Engineering (COSE) departments to provide you with accurate and consistent advising through real-time meetings and email. We provide many advising services, including:
- discussion of core curriculum requirements
- instructions about how to update your major and/or a minor
- information about COSE major/minor requirements
- your degree audit
- addressing concerns about probation and suspension
- explaining graduation procedures
- answering questions about transfer, off-campus, and correspondence courses
- course selection assistance prior to each registration
- referrals to pre-professional faculty advisors, including pre-dental/medical and pre-pharmacy
- providing information about and referral to University offices, organizations, and resources