College of Science and Engineering - Spring 2020 Undergraduate Research Fellowship
A Joint Project with the Office of the President
Involvement in undergraduate research has several important outcomes for students including:
• development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• increased confidence in their intellectual ability
• gaining an understanding of how professionals work on real problems
• improvement in oral and written communication skills.
These skill-sets can benefit students in gaining employment or admission to graduate school.
Student fellowship recipients (Fellows) will be required to complete pre- and post-surveys and interviews to assess the undergraduate experience, research experiences and fellowship program. Fellows will also be expected to participate in an orientation session in the spring 2020 semester.
Fellows will be paid $13 per hour and are required to work four hours per week with a faculty research mentor during the spring 2020 semester.
Requirements to apply:
• Minimum 2.0 GPA
• Enrolled in spring 2020 in a department/school in the College of Science and Engineering
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR SPRING 2020: DECEMBER 15, 2019. **The deadline for Spring 2020 has passed.